Blog: Expression of SARS-CoV-2 entry proteins ACE2 and TMPRSS2 in rodents is affected by Obesity and Diabetes
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused millions of deaths worldwide and caused significant impact on the global economy. The risk of severe coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is higher in people with diabetes and obesity. The exact mechanism by which obesity and diabetes contribute to the pathophysiology of COVID-19 is unknown and one of the key player is believed to be related to the renin-angiotensin system (RAS).Read more
Join Dr. Mike Pellizzon for his presentation at the Swiss Laboratory Animal meeting this Friday. Diet is an important consideration when designing your rodent studies for gut microbiome research; in particular, fiber is a key factor that can drive changes.Read more
Blog: Comprehensive characterization of an off-the-shelf AMLN mouse model and considerations for experimental design in NASH pre-clinical research
Rodent Diet With 40 kcal% Fat (Mostly Palm Oil), 20 kcal% Fructose and 2% Cholesterol(D09100310) has been tested by the Danish contract research organization, Gubra, and is also referred to as the Gubra-Amlyin NASH (GAN) diet in the literature.Read more
This important question will be addressed at a special session during NUTRITION 2021 LIVE ONLINE, June 9, 2021 from 2:00 – 3:30 PM EDT. Michael A. Pellizzon, PhD from Research Diets, Inc. is presenting.Read more
The ease of modifying purified diets, with amino acids as the protein source, allowed to make such formulations that could be used in lieu of complex procedures like myeloablation and could make the process of HSCs engraftment an easy procedure in rodents.Read more
- Blog: Expression of SARS-CoV-2 entry proteins ACE2 and TMPRSS2 in rodents is affected by Obesity and Diabetes
- Webinar: Consider The Diet Carefully For Your Gut Microbiome Research
- Blog: Comprehensive characterization of an off-the-shelf AMLN mouse model and considerations for experimental design in NASH pre-clinical research
- Webinar: Is It Time to Revise the AIN-93 Rodent Diet Formulas?
- Blog: Hematopoietic stem cell maintenance requires branched chain amino-acids.